Monday, August 5, 2013

Review: The Garden Of Words 言の葉の庭 (Kotonoha no Niwa)


Genre: Love, Drama
Running Time: 46 minutes
Starring: Irino Miyu(入野 自由), Kana Hanazawa(花澤香菜), etc
Ending Song: Rain by Motohiro Hata (秦 基博)


The Garden of Words is an anime-film that was released in Japan during May.

Takao is a 15 year old who strives to be a shoemaker.
It was during one rainy day where he decides to ditch his first period and decides spend time in the park with his shoe sketches.

That is where Takao meets Yukari, a women drinking beer with chocolate. (OH GOD that'll taste gross)
First, they don't even speak to each other but every time Takao goes to the park, she encounters Yukari.
As time passes by, they get closer and closer.
This is how far I'll talk about the plot because spoiling ain't good.

             "AAHH FUCKING PERV"(No this is when he decides to make shoes for her)

I honestly think they did a great job with fitting the whole story in 45 minutes.
One thing I personally loved about this movie was the miniature details.
What I mean by that is throughout the movie, there are scenes that show the rain, the bird, and the nature in the park.
It was a very eye-pleasing experience.

<--------Like That.
      












Another thing I loved was the ending song. I'm not sure if a lot of you listen to anime songs or j-pop, But as a Japanese speaker myself, I loved the ending song.
You don't have to understand the language in order to like the music.(JESUS LOOK AT GANGNAM STYLE).
I recommend checking it out.(Some might like it, Some might not)

So overall, I would definitely recommend it to people who likes to watch love stories like myself.

Anyways,

No comments:

Post a Comment