Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Anime Review: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

I think I have another anime to add as my all time favorites.
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo is originally a light novel adapted into an anime.
I realized my reviews are so fucking long so I wil try to shorten it a bit.

First of all to get straight to the point,  this is a perfect example of a type of an anime I love. People have different tastes for anime but this is mine. I give this an A+

Basic Setting/Story Line

Sorata Kanda can't help picking up cats without owners. Because of this, he gets kicked out of his regular dorm and moved to a special dorm for special people called "Sakurasou"
He meets Mashiro Shiiina, a genious artist but doesn't have any common sense.
With all this chaotic events, Sorata Kanda has to find a way to live his life in Sakurasou.

My thoughts and What the anime shows

Like I said, this is gonna be in my all time favorites, and there are multiple reasons to this.
The story starts off like a typical Japanese boy-meet-girl situation. But the whole anime isn't about the love line between mashiro and sorata. In fact love wasn't a big part at all.

The anime starts off hilarious and I first thought it was going to be total comedy love but so much more than that.

Everyone in Sakurasou has some amazing talents. These are like EXTREME TALENT

 Misaki Kamiigusa is draws anime.
Jin Mitaka is the plot/story writer for the animes. 
Akasaka(forgot his whole name) is a total nerd at computers. His face isn't shown till like half way through the anime. He's a dude by the way.

Nanami Aoyama(one on left)'s dream is to be a voice actor. She moves into sakurasou later.

So all these people have dreams and talents. All these gets mixed up and creat problems but at the same time, the relationship between all sakurasou members gets stronger.

They all help each other in when they're in trouble, all form very tight friendship.

That's what I loved so much about this anime. Of course the main character grows mentally strong going through all these events.

You can't forget the love-line between Mashiro and Sorata. I actually said the love isn't a big part but I meant the love wasn't the main thing.
Since Nanami has a crush on Sorata, triangle love forms which always makes stories interesting. This ain't harem because it is triangle love.

Of course Mashiro is the main heroine so as story goes on, it becomes very clear who Sorata chooses.

Yeah so anyways.
It was so sad at the end and so happy I almost cried because it was such a heartwarming ending.
 Not gonna say anymore because it is gonna spoil.



OPs and EDs, Other news and shit.

First of all, the Blu-Ray and DVDs didn't get to many numbers. That was very unfortunate.

There is a game for the PSP and PS Vita which probably no one in the west is gonna play.

I couldn't find much news or complaints about this.

The ops and eds weren't spectacular but they were just fine. 

First OP "Kimi ga yume wo tsurete kita"

First ED "Days of Dash"

Second OP "Yume No Tsuzuki"

Second ED "Prime Number"

Actually, the more you listen to them, you start to like them more.


So that was my short review of Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo.
It is one of my favorite animes now.

Grade: A+

Thanks so much for reading.




No comments:

Post a Comment